Hi, it's Jo Falkinder from An Easy Gluten Free Life here and today I wanted to share this amazing Rustic Beef Stew with you. I have been snowed in for a few days so thought I would have a go at some super easy crock-pot winter warmers (and my Easter cake recipes too, watch this space!). This beef stew is so unbelievably simple but absolutely delicious, my very favourite kind of food!
Low FODMAP, gluten, dairy and soya free this super healthy stew is perfect for delicate tummies and hungry souls. Honestly, it is like a hug in a bowl. Serve over Red Quinoa and Buckwheat, or a cheeky side of roasted potatoes for a truly tasty tea.
Rustic Beef Stew
* 400g lean diced beef
* 8 baby new potatoes
* 2 parsnips, peeled and cut chunky
* 3 carrots, cut chunky
* 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
* 1/2 tsp Thyme
* 1 tsp basil
* 1 Bay leaf
* 1 tsp sugar
* Pinch of salt and cracked black pepper
* Seal the beef in a hot pan, for 2-4 minutes until most sides are brown
* Add everything to the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours
* Serve over Red Quinoa and Buckwheat, rice or lightly roasted potatoes